If you feel like your demos need a bit of magic and innovation, then we’ll be adding a creative spin to Music Production in February 2019. This may just be a one-day course but it will be crammed full with useful advice, essential information and money can’t buy inspiration.
You’ll hone your sequencing skills, amp up your arrangement and fix your bad mixing habits, all whilst being led by prolific Ableton Certified Trainer, Canadian JUNO Award nominee and BIMM Music Production tutor; Noah Pred.
Course content will include:
- The Digital Music Production framework (DAW, plug ins, hardware tools and more)
- Jumpstart into Ableton Live
- Recording & processing vocals and analogue instruments
- Creative workflows – how to start & finish a track
- Not exclusive to any musical genres – all are welcome!
- Mix it up – Mixing & Mastering
- Noah’s top (secret) tips for music production
Introduction to Music Production with Live 10 will run from 11:00 – 18:00, and the schedule is as follows:
- 11:00 – 12:00: Essential Production Concepts & the Layout of Live
- 12:00 – 13:00 Recording & Editing MIDI
- 13:00 – 14:00: Recording & Editing Audio
- 14:00 – 15:00: Lunch Break
- 15:00 – 16:00: Introduction to Synthesis, Sampling, Plug-Ins & Racks
- 16:00 – 17:00: Essential Composition & Arrangement
- 17:00 – 18:00: Introduction to Editing, Mixing, and Exporting
This workshop aims to provide a comprehensive introduction to essential components of modern music production in Live 10 to producers of all backgrounds and genres. It will be of great use to musicians and producers seeking a deeper understanding of modern studio tools and workflow; basic computer literacy and music theory are recommended but not required.
The price of this workshop is €99 per person inclusive of €7.88 booking fee. Participants who choose to study with BIMM Hamburg on one of our full-time courses will have the €99 workshop fee refunded as a discount from their full-time study fees.