BIMM Dublin Launches Diploma in Music Business Scholarship with IMRO
At BIMM Institute Dublin, it’s important to us that we continue to shape and support the next generation of music professionals. That’s why we provide industry-leading courses, unrivalled connections and innovative scholarships with some of music’s most respected brands. And to add to this list, we’re extremely proud to announce the third BIMM Institute Dublin/IMRO Diploma in Music Business Scholarship for the academic year 2020/21.
This diploma scholarship will offer one lucky student the opportunity to study our year-long Music Business Diploma course free of charge. If you’re interested in applying for the scholarship, please submit an application to [email protected] by 12th August 2020.
Speaking on the news of the announcement and partnering with IMRO, Alan Cullivan, College Principal at BIMM Institute Dublin says:
“IMRO is a vital organisation within the Irish music industry and has been for many years. It always displays unwavering support for Irish artists, both new and established, in their role of collection society, education provider and lobbyist for greater development and investment in homegrown talent.
Partnering with IMRO on our new Music Business Diploma scholarship makes perfect sense for us, as no one cares more about the business of music in Ireland than IMRO.”
– Alan Cullivan, College Principal, BIMM Institute Dublin
Keith Johnson, Director of Marketing & Membership at IMRO spoke about the importance of supporting the next generation of music industry professionals:
“IMRO is delighted to continue its partnership with BIMM Dublin on its Music Business Diploma course. It is critical that we support and nurture the next generation of creative thinkers and industry professionals.”
Keith continues: “BIMM graduates are to be found in every sector of the music industry in Ireland, which is testament to the quality of the tuition, experiences and industry connections that students are exposed to during their time at this renowned institution”.
Why choose our diploma in Music Business?
In 2018, we launched the BIMM Institute Dublin Diploma in Music Business course – a game-changer for the Irish music scene. Our part-time course offers a practical skillset so that you can enter into the world as a future entrepreneur or into employment in areas such as:
- Music Promotion and Marketing
- Artist Management
- Tour Management
- Physical and Digital Music Distribution
- E-commerce in the Music Industry
- Music Publishing and Recording
- Live Music Events and Touring
Our course is perfect if you have no prior experience of the industry and wish to use it as a foundation for further study or entrepreneurship. You’ll also be taught by expert lecturers – who are still active in the industry – and thrive in a unique, collaborative community that’s seen the likes of Fontaines DC, IDLES and Mabel walk through our doors and into the music industry.
Want to find out more?
Attend our Virtual Open Day on Thursday 16th July to hear more about our scholarship – and learn more about our diplomas in general. Book your place now.
How to apply for our Diploma in Music Business Scholarship
- Please request an application form by emailing the BIMM Institute Dublin Admissions team at [email protected] or call +353 1 5133 666
- Return the completed application form via email to [email protected] before the 12th August 2020
- Once you have applied, we will contact you with details of the interview. You will receive at least 10 days’ notice of your scheduled interview time
- Bring along any relevant material to your interview that demonstrates your experience in music or the creative industries
- Internal applicants are welcome and Skype interviews can be arranged if you’re unable to attend your interview
You can find out more about our range of scholarships at BIMM Institute Dublin here. Want to come and join us at BIMM Institute Dublin? Enquire now and start your life in music, or contact our friendly team at [email protected].