For those applying as a Vocalist to the BA (Hons) in Commercial Modern Music or the part-time Diploma Professional Musicianship we’ve created easy access for you to download and rehearse the tracks for your Face to Face or Remote Live audition.
The BIMM Dublin 2020 Vocal audition tracks can be found below.
You will have a 30 minute audition where we can discuss your career goals and ways in which we may be able to help you attain them. We ask that you perform two songs:
- One from the prescribed list below
- Another song of your choice
A backing track in the original key will be provided for the prescribed song. For your chosen song you may perform acapella (without accompaniment), with a backing track which you provide yourself, or you may accompany yourself on guitar or keyboard. We recommend that you only accompany yourself if you feel confident enough to play the song without impacting on your vocal performance, as your instrumental skills will not be marked. Please note that the songs should be performed from memory and in the original key and arrangement.
Prescribed list of song choices
Click the song to download backing track file.
- A Case of You by Joni Mitchell
- Too Good at Goodbyes by Sam Smith (With Backing Vocals)
- Too Good at Goodbyes by Sam Smith (Without Backing Vocals)
- No One Knows by Queens of the Stone Age
- Imagine by Ariana Grande (With Backing Vocals)
- Imagine by Ariana Grande (Without Backing Vocals)
- I Was Here by Beyoncé
- Don’t Start Now by Dua Lipa
- Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machine
- High Hopes by Panic! At the Disco
- Georgia on my Mind by Ray Charles
- Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots
- when the party’s over by Billie Eilish (With Backing Vocals)
- when the party’s over by Billie Eilish (Without Backing Vocals)
- Cuz I Love You by Lizzo
- Don’t Feel Like Crying by Sigrid
- All of Me John Legend
- Piece of my Heart by Janis Joplin
- Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi
- Superstition by Stevie Wonder
- Jump by Van Halen
- Always Remember Us This Way by Lady Gaga
- Hurt by Johnny Cash
- Starlight by Muse
- Jolene by Dolly Parton
In addition, you will be asked to go through some basic warm up, pitching, harmonising and theory exercises. You may be asked to demonstrate basic knowledge of a keyboard.
Those who wish to opt for video submission auditions in lieu of live auditions please contact our Admissions Team at email@example.com.
If you are applying for another stream, you can find further information here.
If you are yet to make your application for the BA (Hons) in Commercial Modern Music then there’s still time, find out here.