BIMM Institute Dublin is incredibly pleased to announce the launch of a brand new Music Business degree. The news marks the first time the discipline is available to study at Degree level at the college.
The addition of the BA (Hons) Music Business course to BIMM Dublin’s already varied roster of courses brings an increased range of career options to prospective students at the college, and is great news for the music industry within the city, throughout Ireland and beyond.
At BIMM Institute, we know the music industry is a constantly shifting landscape. This is why our courses are created from the ground up with flexibility, entrepreneurialism and the needs of the modern music industry in mind. You can discover how this industry-led course was designed, here.
Additionally, studying on the course gives you access to our incredible Masterclasses as well as the advice, guidance and expertise of BIMM lecturers who are music industry professionals with years of music industry experience.
What to expect from the course
Maybe you’re a music fan with designs on launching your own record label, digital distribution or artist management company. Perhaps you’re interested in forging a career in music technology, copyright law, digital marketing or PR. Or maybe you’re an original artist looking to gain an in-depth knowledge of the music industry to steer your performance career with increased precision.
Whichever role it is that’s calling you, our new BA (Hons) Music Business course will give you the opportunity to hone your existing skills and build new ones with a wide-ranging selection of core modules and optional extras, so you can tailor your course to suit your ideal career outcome.
- The Creative Industries & You 1: Finding Your Path
- Context & Culture Of The Creative Industries
- The Music Business
- Artist Management
- The Live Music Industry
- Music Publishing
- Releasing Music
- Marketing & PR
- The Creative Industries & You 2: Creative Collaboration
- Creativity, Identity & Agency
- Business & Enterprise
- Financing Creativity
- Social Media And Digital Marketing
- Final Project
- Creative Industries & You 3: Professional Portfolio
- Audience Experience & Motivation
Optional Modules (Years 2 & 3)
- Record Label Management
- The Business And Culture Of Hip Hop
- Studio Sound & Recording Technology
- Rights Management And Secondary Exploitation
- The Business And Culture Of Electronic Music
- Touring And Live Events
- Working In The Creative Industries
- Practical Learning And Teaching In The Creative Arts 1
- Youth, Music And Social Change
- Communications Techniques
- Festival Management
- Live Sound
- Digital Arts & Branding
- Creative Economics
- Consultancy And Market Research
- Business Ethics & Music Law
- Music And Event Futures
- Psychology Of Music
- Culture And Society
- Film Studies
- Gender And Sexuality
- Diversity In The Creative Industries
- Practical Learning And Teaching In The Creative Arts 2
- Communication In Practice
- Gaming Culture
- Digital Content Creation
With such a wide range of optional modules to choose from, your dream career as a music business industry professional is now ready to become a reality!
To apply for this course please contact the Admissions Team on +353 1 5133 666 or by email email@example.com
Alternatively, if you’d like to come and take a look at BIMM Dublin’s facilities for yourself, as well as meet your future Music Business lecturers face to face, why not book to attend one of our upcoming Open Day events?